- FedEx Express US domestic list rates will increase an average of 4.9%
- FedEx Express U.S. Export and Import list rates will increase an average of 4.9%
- FedEx Ground and Home Delivery list rates will increase an average of 4.9%
- FedEx specified the Smart Post standard list rates will increase without stating an amount
- FedEx Freight LTL list rates will increase an average of 5.9%
UPS increases the following list rates effective on December 26th, 2018
- UPS Domestic Air Express rates will increase an average of 4.9%
- UPS Ground Service list rates will increase an average net 4.9%
- UPS International services will increase its list rates an average of 4.9%
- UPS SurePost will also increase without stating the amount of increase
- UPS Freight Rates will increase without stating the amount of increase
As an example, each carrier increased SurePost & SmartPost much higher than 4.9%. The Minimum for SurePost 1 lb + shipments increased 10% increase from $7.74 to $8.52. Also, the Minimum for SurePost less than 1 lb increased 10% increase from $7.70 to $8.46. All the SurePost rates actually increased 9.00% to 9.35%. To add insult to injury, the SurePost Delivery Area Surcharge climbed 32.14% from $1.40 to $1.85. The Extended Delivery Area Surcharge also climbed to 23.68% from $1.90 to $2.35.
Additional Items introduced this year will impact Transportation Budgets
- Domestic Air Fuel Surcharge will increase by 0.25% for all thresholds on December 31, 2018.
- UPS fuel surcharges will now apply to Additional Handling, Over Maximum Limits, Signature Required and Adult Signature Required Accessorials.
- Also, a processing fee of $2.00 per package will be charged when Package Level Detail (PLD) is not provided to UPS prior to delivery.
2019 In-Depth Assessment of the Actual UPS Rate increase follows
Rate increases by service indicate 1lb to 20 lbs shipments are actually 6% or higher. If you check the service graphs to follow; you will see that most all shipments are in that weight range.